Table of content
Social Media Apps are a part of our day-to-day lives. From browsing our Instagram feeds to check out updates on Twitter, they play an integral role. While using the app, don’t you think to yourself who made this and how? The company needs to develop a concept, graphics, do some research, design the wireframe and strategize the launch of the app. This is the job of a well-experienced social media app developer.
In the development of the app, the main work is of the social media app developer, who is the brain of the app. The app development is usually done with a team’s help, but the app developer plays the most important role.
And that’s why you should look in all the directions before hiring an app developer. Here are some points to take care of while you hire a social media app developer and where you can find an app developer-
How To Find An App Developer?
Finding a social media app developer is an intimidating process. Many app developers work as freelancers or on-teams. But always aim for such developers who can understand your business needs.
Also, you need to ask yourself whether you need an outsourced team or an in-house team? To answer this, look at your business needs. If you work at a well-established company, then an in-house team might work well for you. However, if you are working at a startup, a freelancer who can provide an expert hand and is available cheaply and quickly is the right option for you.
An In-house Team:
A team that is hired to work with you in your office space. An in-house team will provide you with the following benefits-
- A better understanding of what your project is and know about your company;
- The communication process is easy due to face to face work process;
- A better and faster way to respond to your inquiries;
Disadvantages of in-house team are as following-
- The developers will be given a full-time salary even on a no-work day or their off day.
- You have to take care of all the office equipment, your workspace, and other office materials.
- While trying to hire candidates for your team, you only have the options to choose from the list of developers or candidates willing to relocate.
In hiring an outsourcing team, you can hire another company or contractor to do your work. An outsourced team has the following advantages-
- You can add team members and coders or replace them as you like, giving you the flexibility to do so.
- While outsourcing, you are free to hire top coders from all over the world, and due to this relaxation, the hiring process takes much less time.
- You have to pay their salary only when the developers are working for you so that your money does not get wasted.
- You have the flexibility to hire skilled and experienced developers in their field or domain as you like.
Consider Points while looking for Social Media App Developer
Here’s a list of points you can take into consideration while looking for a social media app developer-
1. Do Some Research
Before you can hire a social media app developer, you need to understand their job basics. Which languages do they use? What are the rates that they work at? What platforms do they work on most? Having a good understanding of their job will help you be clear while interviewing the app developer.
2. Consider Experienced Social Media App Developers
You need to go through the experience of the social media app developer you are about to hire. Look at what they’ve developed and how things are going in terms of development with the app. Before hiring someone, get a hold of their past experiences.
3. Be Focused On Communication
Many things don’t succeed because you didn’t communicate, so make sure you know your app. You should be able to communicate a whole lot about your business. During the interview, look at how well you and the developer can communicate and how well do you understand each other.
4. Be Clear About Your Business Needs
While you are looking for a social media app developer, make sure you are clear about your app’s concept and who your market audience will be. The clearer you are about your goals and needs, the easier it will be for the developer to create an app.
5. Set Criteria and Judge Each Developer According to it
Set a list of points you are going to use to judge each developer. This makes the interview process easier for you and the developer as well.
Here’s a list of points you can work on:
- Reviews and References
- Programming Tools
- Development Process
- Legal Process/Contract
- Project Management
Questions you can ask while Finding the Social Media App Developer
- Do you have reviews/references of your past and current customers that I can read or reach out to?
- How much experience do you have in this field? Can I see a portfolio of your work?
- What kind of apps have you worked on in the past?
- Which programming tools do you use to create an app?
- What is the development process of your app?
- Would you be willing to sign an NDA or a contract?
- How do you handle project management?
- How do you want to be communicated during the project?
- What are your charges?
- If we hire you, how do you want your payment to be done?
These are the points you could look at while you find an app developer. Now, I will list out places to find social media developer-
1. Freelance Website
If you are looking for an app developer through freelancing sites, it is the best way to go. Because a freelancing site will always have the best social media app developer and all of the details about the developer will be clear enough not to confuse you further. Apart from that, the charges they will take are also very clear without any discrepancy.
2. Creative Communities
Some communities are online where you can find a social media app developer, like Behance or Dribble, where designers and developers upload their best works and portfolios for you to see them, and if you like them, you can talk to them!
3. Be Focused On Communication
If your business is huge and you need a team that will work on your project, B2B directories are the best option for you. Here you will find reviews, information, and ratings about their developers.
4. Be Clear About Your Business Needs
Students who are looking for opportunities to work on a real project are the ones that will do anything to succeed. You can hire interns that are looking for a wide exposure in their field and allow them to learn. You can talk to their computer science professor and see if they know any social media app developers.
5. Your Network
Another place where you can look for a social media app developer is your network. Talk to people you are in contact with, explain to them what you need and see if they know any good developers.
Google your way into this! You can google about the availability of the developers and the companies that will help you get what you need. Still, the only thing that you need to be careful about with google is that you have to do thorough research on the company or the developer that they are suggesting
To hire the best social media app developer, you need to take care of certain factors that sum up your finding process. This blog will help you make it easier for you to hire one and save you a lot of time and money.
Supersourcing is a platform where you can post your project and your idea, your requirements about the project, and match with the developer or an agency you need. Through super sourcing, you can easily find a social media app developer;
- Post your project and your requirements online, tell them what you need.
- Get great recommendations in less than five minutes, agencies who have done similar work like yours, and are the best at what they do.
- You will then receive quotes and agencies listed with their capabilities; you can select which you like and suit you the most.
- Discuss with them online about your requirements, and if you like, you can close the deal.
Also, you can read about the differences when you hire an in-house team and an outsourced team and make a decision that will serve your purpose well.