If you are looking for an in-demand and exciting career path in MEAN stack development, then this guide is for you! Mean stack development has emerged as one of the most popular application development frameworks in recent years, and is used by some of the biggest names in tech. From Facebook to Google, MEAN is the stack of choice for many major companies.
So, what exactly is a MEAN stack developer and how to become one? Keep reading as we explore everything you need to know about becoming a MEAN stack developer.
What is the MEAN Stack?
- MongoDB is a powerful document-oriented database system that is perfect for storing data for MEAN stack applications.
- Express.js is a lightweight web application framework that provides various features for web and mobile applications, such as routing and middleware.
- Finally, Node.js is a cross-platform runtime environment that allows developers to build scalable network applications quickly and easily.
Why Use the MEAN Stack?
There are many reasons why developers choose to use the MEAN stack for web development:
- Another reason why MEAN is so popular is that it uses open-source components that are free to use and community-supported. This allows developers to save time and money on development costs.
- Finally, the MEAN stack is perfect for building dynamic and interactive web applications thanks to its powerful AngularJS framework. AngularJS lets developers create custom HTML tags and extend HTML with new attributes using directives. This makes MEAN perfect for building single-page applications (SPAs) that can provide a rich user experience.
So, now that we know what the MEAN stack is and why it’s so popular, let’s take a look at who is a MEAN stack application developer.
Who is a MEAN Stack Developer and What Do They Do?
A MEAN stack developer is a web developer who specializes in using the MEAN stack to build web applications. As a MEAN stack developer, you will be responsible for developing and designing front-end web applications using AngularJS, and back-end web applications using Node.js, Express.js, and MongoDB.
What’s great about being a MEAN stack developer is that there is always a high demand for this skill set. This is because the MEAN stack is constantly evolving and being used by more and more companies. As a result, MEAN stack developers can always find work easily and command high salaries.
How to Become a MEAN Stack Developer?
The following are the skills that a MEAN Stack developer must have:
- Basic understanding of the server-side requirements and processes
- Basic understanding of the client-side requirements and processes
- Familiarity with Git and design frameworks like MotionUI is recommended
- Familiar with package manager-npm
- Finally, MEAN stack expertise – the ability to work with MongoDB, Express.js, Angular.js, and Node.js. If not Angular, then you need to know VueJS or ReactJS.
- Time management, communication skills, and critical thinking are desirable
To get started with MEAN stack development, candidates need to:
- Pick up a few resources to learn the technologies
- Start with simple projects and work your way up
- Participate in the MEAN community
- Find mentors and other experienced developers who can help guide you
Why Become a MEAN Stack Developer?
The MEAN stack is a popular choice for web development because it offers a number of advantages. As a MEAN stack developer, you will be able to use one programming language for both the front-end and back-end of your applications. This makes development faster and easier since there is no need to learn multiple languages.
The following are some prominent reasons why engineers and companies choose the MEAN stack for web development:
- Full-Stack Development Framework – The MEAN stack offers a complete framework for full-stack web development. This means that developers can use one language and one set of tools for both the front-end and back-end.
- Open Source Components – The components of the MEAN stack are open source and free to use. As a result, companies can save on development costs since they do not need to purchase expensive licenses.
- Highly Scalable – The MEAN stack is highly scalable thanks to its MongoDB database. MongoDB uses sharding which allows developers to horizontally partition their data across multiple servers. This makes it easy to scale MEAN applications as needed.
- Highly Portable – The MEAN stack is highly portable due to its use of JSON. JSON is a platform-independent data format that can be easily transferred between different environments. This makes it easy to deploy MEAN applications on any platform.
The MEAN stack has become increasingly popular in recent years thanks to its many advantages. If you are looking for a rewarding career in web development, then becoming a MEAN stack developer is a great choice. With the right skills and experience, you will be able to command high salaries and find work easily.