The MERN stack includes various frameworks, libraries, and databases. It enables easy customer data management, job production, scheduling, invoicing, accounting, shipment, order fulfillment, and more from one platform. MERN stack web development is famous for its security, reliability, and flexibility.
If you are considering building a startup app, there’s no better option than the MERN stack. Before building your startup app, understand each component of the technology and its benefits.
It is a document-oriented database and stores data in JSON-like documents. MongoDB documents have dynamic schemas. It means that you can add new fields without having to rewrite the application.
MongoDB provides robust and consistent writes and reads through application control over the replica sets. Read/write performance becomes better linearly as the nodes start adding. Replication ensures high availability by storing multiple document copies across various machines.
Developers can perform note operations parallelly on multiple modes. Developers using MongoDB need to learn a new approach to structuring data. Uber, Delivery Hero, and Lyft are some leading companies who have trusted MongoDB in the MERN stack framework.
Pros of MongoDB
- The document-oriented database storage of MongoDB is highly scalable. Therefore, it’s ideal for applications that need real-time scalability. For instance, e-commerce websites and large social network sites can benefit from MongoDB.
- The flexibility of working with MongoDB is unparalleled when compared to SQL databases.
- Data is dynamic and structure-free. Therefore, documents don’t need to follow a particular structure over time.
- Different types of data are supported by default, and several user-defined kinds are also available. It becomes easier to model complex data sets than superficial key or value-based structures.
Express eliminates the need to write repeated server code. Several extensive features and plugins work effectively to help build fast web APIs and applications. Accenture, Twitter, and Bla Bla Car are popular use cases of ExpressJS.
Pros of ExpressJS
- It is more efficient because the same language is used by both frontend and backend developers. Due to the use of one language, communication becomes easier.
- It brings more agility across the team. Team members can work on new ideas and deal with software changes faster.
Social media platforms like Facebook and Instagram rely heavily on ReactJS. Some other popular applications of React include Yahoo Weather, Amazon, and Netflix. In fact, React is the most used web framework in the world, with 40.34% of developers using it.
Pros of ReactJS
- The fast rendering speed of React is one of its major advantages. Whether you are developing a simple website or making an elaborate application, the loading speed will be good. Your users won’t have to wait for its content to load.
- Two-way data binding removes the extra complexity in components. The default setting keeps everything in sync. Therefore, the components remain simple, and debugging becomes easier.
NodeJS is quite similar to Python’s Twisted or Ruby’s Eventmachine. All three of them are considered scalable networking engines. PayPal, Trello, and eBay leverage NodeJS for its incredible benefits.
Pros of NodeJS
- One significant benefit of NodeJS is that the cross-platform can be deployed on any system from PC to Mac to Linux. Even a mobile device with adequate processing power is enough.
- NodeJS comes with a robust online documentation. Developers find multiple resources about the strengths and weaknesses of NodeJS online. Therefore, it becomes easier to decide whether they should opt for it in their next project.
- It has an asynchronous event loop structure. As a result, it can run non-blocking I/O code. Therefore, developers come across high scalability with low overhead costs.
MERN full-stack development offers a Model-view-Controller architecture which makes the development process more convenient. The no-context switching of the MERN technology is another advantage for startups. The highly compatible and strong technologies work together to handle the client and server sides of the application more efficiently. MERN stack development also guarantees easy code maintenance and bug fixing.