A food delivery app platform reaches the customer in a minimal amount of time to serve their customers. A new food sensation that reaches customers in any corner quickly encompassing all food-related services and reaching around 40 countries across the globe.
The entire app encompasses various technologies, including HTML5, JQuery, Nodejs, involving the integration of frontend and backend applications and then bundling and building the whole application on several platforms. This app is robust, user-friendly, and easily accessible to users.
The main purpose of building a food delivery app goes as follows:
- Minimize Time Spent: Reduces time since the user is not visiting the restaurant to decide on the food items.
- Better Market Reach: To reach the maximum public and to provide greater benefits.
- Sales and Profit Increase: As and when the customers increase, the profit margin increases, which is the main motto of building an app.
- Enhanced Efficiency: The users will also be able to use the app and utilize its benefits.
Building a Full-Fledged End-to-End Tested Working Food Delivery App:
1. Select the app layout, customize it accordingly by taking various inputs and synchronize it
- Finalize the design of the app along with the layout.
- Decide on the size of the app icon along with the border shape.
- Choose the color to fill in the selected icon along with the border.
- Approach for the approval of the icon along with its size, shape, color, and other look and feel.
- Design the logo to all pages of the app with uniform styling across the application
2. Listing requirements for the app, deciding the technology to be implemented and fixing an aggregate model
- Drafting detailed features required for the app.
- Identifying the various user scenarios for the food app.
- Rough sketch of UI Screens for various features.
- Designing wireframes and visual design for the features.
- Finalizing various features.
- Deciding on various technologies to build a full-fledged working application.
- Approval for various features and implementing that feature using the apt technology (Programming languages).
- Technologies/Tools applicable are listed below
- Angular 7 (Front-End)
- Node JS (Back-End) + Rest API
- GIT for source code management to deploy code in repositories
- Visual Studio(Codebase)
- MongoDB (Back-End)
- WorkBench (To extract data concerning database related queries)
- Slack (Communication between people)
- Postman (Request-Response Check)
- Swagger (List all the required API’s-GET, PUT, POST, PATCH, DELETE)
- JIRA (Ticket Raising Tool-Drafting and formulating various user stories)
3. Drafting the flow for various features in the food app and framing the user stories based on the workflow
- The entire application flow is fragmented into user stories based on the wireframes and visual designs, which have tasks of workflows and acceptance criteria for various flows.
- The wireframes are mapped to the user stories, and various use cases for user stories are drafted.
- Furthermore, the total user stories listed are approved to start with the actual implementation of the app using the finalized architecture and technologies.
- The user stories are groomed for better understanding as well.
4. After grooming, a decision needs to be taken about the app’s deployment using a particular technology
- Solution Architect plays a prominent role in deciding the apt technology suitable for deployment of the food delivery app.
- Once the decision is taken, the same pointers are conveyed to the team members as well to fetch some inputs based on the technology decision.
- Once the technology is finalized, only then detailed documentation is drafted concerning the application and approval is taken from the concerned person.
5. Deploy the app in the respective environment by choosing the right development partner and also determine the cost of the development app
- The deployment includes building the app from scratch in the respective environment and scaling it to other environments.
- Once the entire app is built, the cost, manpower, time consumption is calculated, and then profit is estimated based on the usage, and feedback is considered upon customer’s inputs.
- As you expand the market, more customers tend to readily use the app, thus expanding the usage and business.
Below is an example for Food Delivery App:
- For the first time, the user should create a new account redirecting to the “Create Account” Page.
- Once the user enters all the required details, the OTP authentication is done, and once verified, the account is successfully created by hitting the “Create Account” button.
- On logging in, the user can successfully enter his profile with various options available.
- Based on the current location, the nearest food restaurants open will be listed with the card view.
- Based on the above features, user stories are drafted for each type of user with features about that user.
- Each user story is drafted concerning various screens as well.
- These user stories are finalized with the business analyst, and detailed API documentation and the architecture are finalized.
- The user stories concerning different user types are developed using Angular 7 (Front-End) and NodeJS (Back-End).
- Some of the features implemented in this app are Drag & Drop, Bundle Budget, Animations, Angular Elements for different components and Auth Guard usage for validating the user.
- Customer support/feedback plays a vital role in capturing feedback (if any) and refining the application/ any other problems.
- The customer feedback hits the backend database, and the feedback is stored for further actions.
- This app is deployed on various other platforms that are responsive, user-friendly, user-efficient, reliable.
- Based on the above features and achieving higher margin profit, this app was developed.
- The design of the app is as follows:
- The logo for the app on various platforms was sketched and designed using photoshop, and that logo was embedded for the app (Android platform)
- The design, which was finalized and approved, was put into implementation
- The user can log in via Google, Facebook, User Name-Password.
- In case the user is new to the application, he/she should click on the “Or Create New Account” hyperlink option available on the same page.
- On clicking the above option, control is redirected to the “Create New Account” page, which has Full Name, Contact Number, Email and Password fields where all the fields except Email are mandatory and then clicks on the “Create Account” button.
- Authentication is handled by sending OTP to the respective mobile number on entering the OTP, and once the entered OTP is verified, the user account is created successfully.
- The user will be able to login with the respective username and password fields.
3. Foody App
- The actual app page is visible in this part.
- The current user location is displayed on top, which is editable along with notification and restaurants list in the header section.
- The card view of various food items is displayed in the next section, along with the option “Add to Cart” in the Sponsored section.
- The next card view shows the restaurants present within the radius based on the current location, and this is changeable based on the area that is considered.
- Whenever the user selects the required restaurants, it is redirected to the respective restaurant information.
- This page includes the logo, name, price, description of the chosen restaurant, booking options (Today, Tomorrow), Timings available, Quantity options.
- Once the user chooses the required items, he/she then hits the button “Go to Food Basket”.
- On clicking the above button, the control is redirected to the “Food Basket” page, which has the list of all items selected by the user and the address of the destination (which is changeable).
- The “Proceed to Pay” option is made available once the user is ready to make payments to all selected items selected in the cart.
- Order History allows the user to visualize the items ordered by him/her after successfully placing the order.
- The final message is displayed after successfully placing the food order, and a confirmation message is also sent to the registered mobile number along with the OrderID.
- The order status is also tracked along with the options “View Details” and “Call Customer Support”.
- Once the required items are delivered, options like “View Details” and “Reorder” are available.
4. My Profile
- This page has the options My Profile, Edit Contact Number, Change Password, Partner with Moki, Call customer support, About & Legal, Logout.
- The provision for changing contact number (OTP authentication) and change of password is the enhancement feature.
- The footer section has four different tab links Home, Search, Clock, My Profile.
- Home: The actual application landing page with all the restaurants in card view.
- Search: Enables user/customer to search respective restaurants in the text field (based on the names, location).
- Clock: It displays all the orders/remainders based on the day and date.
- My Profile: It consists of options-My Profile, Edit Contact Number, Change Password, Partner with Moki, Calls customer support, About & Legal, Logout.
The application development can be an overwhelming process involving many steps, decision making, and a considerable process to undergo.
In the process of building applications from scratch, the UI should be user-friendly and robust. The navigation to various workflows concerning that app should be handy, and instant push notifications must be focused so the user can quickly get the required information. It should also include ratings & reviews to improve the quality and any other related queries to deliver a better product. Though at Supersourcing, we can help you in taking your business idea online and finding the right development agency in your limited time and budget.