Predicted to disrupt as well as transform how businesses function worldwide. Blockchain is considered one of the most revolutionary technologies of the 21st century.
With the worldwide spending on blockchain solutions reaching 4.1 billion USD, there has been a sharp rise in the demand for remote blockchain developers. Analysts have also predicted that the blockchain market is expected to grow from USD 1.2 billion in 2018 to a whopping USD 23.3 billion by 2023.
Top 10 Questions to Ask and Hire Blockchain Developers Remotely
If you are planning to hire blockchain developers remotely for your organization. Here is a list of top 10 questions to ask and hire blockchain developers remotely that are qualified and talented prospective candidates –
1. What is Blockchain? Explain it along with its key features.
Why ask the question: This question will help you understand the candidate’s knowledge about blockchain technology in general and how well they are familiar with the key features.
Answer: The candidate needs to explain here that blockchain is a decentralized digital ledger technology that can be programmed to hold transactional records or blocks which are linked together using cryptography. Thus, it is completely secure with a high focus on transparency.
Blockchain technology comes with a lot of features, and some of the most significant ones include –
- Security – Using Blockchain technology comes with exceptional security
- Decentralized – None of the centralized entities or authorities has any control over the blockchain
- Minting – Blockchain technology offers coin minting by various methods
- Immutability – The data once written in blockchain cannot be altered or changed
- Cost-effectiveness – The absence of any third party makes blockchain technology effective as well as affordable
2. Why does a Blockchain need tokens to operate?
Why ask the question: This question helps you test the candidate’s experience in collaborating on blockchain development projects and also their knowledge of token space or ICO development.
Answer: The key objective of coins/tokens is to implement changes between states. When a user does a transaction, this is considered as a change of state. However, the coins or tokens are moved from one address to another.
Technically speaking, a blockchain doesn’t need coins or tokens for its essential operations. However, in their absence, some other way is required to manage states of the chain and to verify transactions.
3. Explain the concept of mining in the context of blockchain.
Why ask the question: The question helps you demonstrate the extent of the developer’s knowledge and experience in blockchain development, as well as their ability to collaborate.
Answer: Mining in blockchain refers to the process of reaching consensus in blockchain networks. Therefore, the key purpose of mining is to –
- Create new coins in a generated block
- Include transactions in a distributed ledger by giving proof of work that the generated block is valid
4. Which are the types of records that can be stored in a Blockchain?
Why ask the question: You can evaluate and assess the developer’s expertise of how blockchain technology works. In addition to that, ensure that the one you are hiring for your company is the best blockchain developer out there.
Answer: The blockchain supports different types of data and records across industries. Irrespective of the size and type of your business. Therefore, if you have supply chain management running in your business, you can use blockchain technology to store extensive data.
Among the type of records that blockchain supports include –
- Transaction records
- Medical records
- Supply chain management records
- Employee records
- Other documentation
5. Explain the different types of Blockchain.
Why ask the question: One of the key expertise you need to look for in blockchain developers is a broad understanding of blockchain technology and its different types. The question above allows you to assess this.
Answer: Blockchains can be mainly divided into 4 types –
a) Public Blockchain – Public blockchains are the ones that work in an open ecosystem where anyone can join and make such transactions.
b) Private Blockchain – Unlike a public blockchain, a private blockchain works in a closed ecosystem where you require permission to join it and make transactions.
c) Consortium Blockchain – Consortium blockchains are semi-decentralized.
d) Hybrid – As the name suggests, hybrid blockchains are a combination of public and private blockchains.
6. How does the process of encrypting transactions and blocks work in Bitcoin implementation?
Why ask the question: Whether the developer has any background experience in encrypting transactions and blocks is one of the many essentials to search for when you look to hire blockchain developers remotely, and the above question helps you assess this.
Answer: In the case of Bitcoin blocks, every block is public and is not encrypted in any way. In this case, preventing modifications and ensuring data integrity is based on a value called the block hash.
During bitcoin implementation, the block content is processed using a special hash function called SHA256 and the resulting value is included in the blockchain.
7. What do you know about trapdoor function, and why is it needed in Blockchain Development?
Why ask the question: Ask this question to a potential blockchain developer to assess their previous work with blockchain development and make sure that the developer you employ has the competence you need for your task.
Answer: Required for public-key encryption, the trapdoor function is commonly used in blockchain development to represent the ideas of addresses and private keys.
It primarily refers to a unique function in the blockchain development function that is easy to compute in one direction. However, it is difficult to compute in the opposite direction without special information.
8. Is there any network-specific condition that organizations require for the use of blockchain technology?
Why ask the question: The question will help to hire blockchain developers remotely and evaluate the developer’s knowledge of available resources and their experience in blockchain development projects.
Answer: No, there is no such specific condition on using blockchain technology in an organization. However, the network required should be a peer-to-peer network under the defined protocols.
9. What are some of the business benefits of blockchain?
Why ask the question: It allows you to know if the developer has strong analytical skills and the ability to work with large codebases.
Answer: Among the key benefits of blockchain to businesses include –
- Organizations get the benefit of a consolidated dataset with fewer errors and great flexibility with the consensus mechanism of blockchain.
- Since the contracts being executed on business networks using blockchain technologies are automated. Businesses benefit from reduced costs, better speed of execution, and much lesser risk.
- Blockchain technologies result in enhanced trust and integrity in the flow of transaction information among the participating members.
10. What is Cryptography and what is its main goal?
Why ask the question: You can ask this question to assess the candidate’s knowledge of blockchain cryptography and protocols, along with their ability to ensure secure digital transactions and protect user identities.
Answer: Cryptography refers to a set of methods used to ensure the confidentiality of information. The key objective of cryptography is to protect your data from changes/any kind of unauthorized access during storage and to seamlessly transfer it from a sender to a recipient.
Cryptography ensures the maintenance of a strict hierarchy in the block of chains. Thus maintaining the authenticity of all records and their protection against unauthorized changes.
Finding an experienced blockchain developer remotely can be an overwhelming task for any organization. However, by asking the above list of blockchain interview questions you can ensure to hire a qualified developer. As they raise the most important issues related to blockchain technology.
If you are also looking to hire blockchain developers remotely or an agency to develop your business application, then Supersourcing can be the best destination for you. Just share your business idea with us along with a few necessary details. Hence, within a few hours, you can see multiple expert agencies with lucrative offers. Can also hire individual developers too. Reach out to us and we will be obliged to assist you in a manner we can to take your business online.