You might have heard of Swiggy, but are you aware of its benefits? In this article, you will also find the reason behind the success of Swiggy and its features.
On-demand food delivery applications have been gaining a lot of popularity over the last few years. These food delivery applications’ ability to deliver worry-free food items is one of the primary reasons for their growing demand. Food delivery applications act as a blessing for their users.
Swiggy began its operation in 2014. It gained a lot of love and support from its users. The two people who are behind the success of this application are Pilani Sriharsha Majety and Nandan Reddy.
The business of this hyper-local food delivery application started in August of 2014. The company took up to 150 deliveries in the initial stages and tied up with around 300 restaurants. Back then, Swiggy used to complete about 1000 daily orders.
Swiggy obtained a lot of funding that brought a breakthrough in the industry of start-ups. In 2016, Swiggy established its presence in India’s seven big cities, including Pune, Delhi, Hyderabad, Chennai, Mumbai, and Kolkata. Many firms came in and started to partner with Swiggy.
Why do People love to Order Food Online?
Nowadays, every person has a busy schedule. No one likes to stand in long queues and wait for a long time to get their food. Some of the factors that encourage people to order food online are:
- The fast delivery process at your doorstep.
- You can choose from a variety of payment methods, such as credit or debit cards.
- You can also get discount coupons.
- Wide variety of options for cuisines and food items.
- You can easily Track your ordered food & give reviews to the food store.
Business Models of Indian Food Business
Two types of business models are used to decide the success of your application.
Under this business model, a platform is set for the customers to search a restaurant list. A user can browse from many restaurants and place an order with all details. The application owner, in return, takes its commission from delivery places. The restaurant agent or a third-party agent delivers this order to your place.
If you are trying to build this type of application, you will need four different types of interfaces.
2. Customer Model
Under this business model, all the restaurant or food store owners need not hire any agents for delivery. A third-party is present to handle all the delivery services.
Points that You Should Keep in Mind
You should know all the necessary points before building a delivery app such as Zomato, UberEats, and Swiggy.
Some of these are:
1. User-friendly Interface
The most critical factor that an application developer must keep in mind is the app interface. It would be best if you tried to keep the login form as simple as possible. After the login, the users should be redirected to an interface that is easy to navigate and understand. If your interface is complicated or challenging to use, the user will immediately log out and move to your competitor’s food delivery app.
2. Accessibility of Data
You can do nothing in your food delivery app without data. Data accessibility is the core aim of every application. Your food app should mention all the necessary information about all the restaurants, a menu of these restaurants, and the time of deliveries. Any app that includes all critical information automatically attracts more customers. This information will help the users to make their decision faster and place their food orders.
3. Payment Methods
Every person wants to make secure payments. The reliability and security of your food delivery app is fundamental. Safety is the first thing a customer looks for as they have to fill in their information for making payments. You should build a secure and reliable payment platform so that users can trust your application. Incorporating multiple methods for the payment process is essential for every food delivery app. You can take payments through digital platforms like Google Pay and Paytm. One way to build relationships with your customers is to keep their data private. A user should never think twice while filling in his or her private information on your platform.
4. Tracking System for Orders
Tracking orders is the essential feature of every food app. It is a service that allows users to track their orders in real-time. With this feature’s help, a user can get to know the exact location of the delivering agent and can judge the time of arrival of food. Food apps take help from GPS (Global positioning system) to make the food reach your doorstep.
5. How to Place Orders
Your food delivery services must be present on mobile apps, websites. A user doesn’t need to always put an order from the mobile app. Your mobile app should be available for android as well as iOS users also.
6. Discounts and Rewards
One of the best ways to bring customers to your app is to offer them tips and offers regularly. Many people like to place their orders only when they receive a discount coupon or reward. Users worldwide want to use the applications that provide the best offers under the budget.
Another way to attract customers to your food delivery app is with regular notifications. You can send your customers regular information about the latest offers and discounts. It will help you to build a long-term relationship with them. You can send the customer push notifications for the following reasons:
- Created order
- Accepted order
- Rejected order
- Prepared order
- Out for delivery order
- Un-Delivered order
- Delivered order
- Catchy details about some dish
8. Reviews from the Customers
Every food delivery app has a homepage. You should make some space on the homepage for real-time testimonials and reviews from previous customers. You should also include an area where a customer can add reviews about every dish they order. This will help you to build a good reputation in the industry and the market.
Key Points to Keep in Mind while Developing a Food Delivery App
Apart from the points mentioned above, some other issues that can impact your app are-
- Plan your budget and use the resources accordingly.
- Choose a technical framework for your food delivery app.
- You should strive for the fast delivery process.
- Decide on a large group target audience and a marketing strategy in advance.
- Optimize your data with keywords.
- You can offer membership as an advantage.
- Start social media campaigns.
- Expand your target audience after some time.
- Prepare a separate section for order details.
Know the Purpose of Your Food Delivery App
You should be aware of the purpose that you want to fulfill with your food delivery app.
Some of the examples of the purpose of a food app are-
- The purpose of your app should be to deliver food as soon as possible.
- You should aim to provide fresh and affordable food items to your customers.
- You should reduce the hassle of standing in queues and waiting for your order.
- If you aim to build a homemade app, you can give women who are chefs and bake delicious food.
The essential category of a food delivery app is its users. Customers should feel comfortable when they are using your app. The vital features of the customer panel of your app are-
- Sign In: A user can sign in using a mobile number. You can send an OTP to verify the entered number.
- Location: A customer can enable automatic detection of the current location.
- Search Bars: you should provide the user’s search bars for food items and restaurants.
- Cart: With the help of this cart, a user should view the price and quantity of your orders.
- Payment: Users should be able to view the total amount & select an option from various payment methods
- Tracking Order: A user should be able to track their order or the delivery guy at all times.
- Order History: It should contain all the details of the current order.
What Technology Stacks can be used for Food Delivery App?
Let’s learn about the various technical stacks that can help you build a fantastic food delivery app:
- Push Notifications Technical Stacks: Push.io, Twilio
- Analytics Technical Stacks: Storm, Flink, Firebase.
- Cloud Environment Technical Stacks: Azure, Google, AWS.
- Platforms Technical Stacks: iOS, Android, Web
- Data Platform Technical Stacks: Snowflake, Flume S3, Presto, Druid, Hive, Spark, Storm
- Database Technical Stacks: MongoDB, Cassandra, Postgres, HBase
- Payments Technical Stacks: e-wallets, Stripe, PayPal, Braintree, Net Banking
- Navigation Technical Stacks: Google Maps
Supersourcing provides a platform for a number of well-experienced website and mobile app development companies to deliver various mobile app development solutions and are expert in their respective domains. The professionals and software engineers are expert and have a lot of experience in serving and developing solutions for small and large businessmen’s requirements in mobile app development. So don’t just keep waiting and share your project requirement on the portal and get your product build such as your perfect food delivery app. You can also talk to our expert right now!