Table of content
Wondering which are the most popular PHP frameworks available in the market for web development in 2021? Then, at that point you are in the right spot. Here, we will examine different PHP structures exhaustively.
A PHP framework is a platform to make PHP web applications. Additionally, PHP frameworks give code libraries to commonly used functions, eliminating the number of unique code you need to compose. Besides, the PHP Frameworks gives a basic structure to streamline the development of web applications.
Furthermore, Developers use such frameworks, as they accelerate the development process. Most importantly, the responsiveness of websites and applications built using PHP frameworks assists organizations with satisfying their performance needs.
PHP is one of the most famous programming languages among the developers community. It is also the language behind the most well known CMS, WordPress. PHP Programming Language is being used by about 79% of websites around the world. It includes the most used Social Media platforms, i.e., Facebook, the biggest digital encyclopedia – Wikipedia, China’s news giant Xinhuanet, and Russia’s social network VK.com, and many more.
Most Popular PHP Frameworks for Web Development
Laravel framework was introduced in 2011. It has become the most popular PHP framework for web development because it is a free, open-source, and widely accepted framework among the developers available in the market.
Since, it can deal with complex web applications safely and easily, at an impressively quicker speed than other frameworks. Laravel eases the development process by facilitating common tasks, for example, sessions, caching, routing, and authentication.
Reasons to use Laravel
- Laravel is appropriate when creating applications with complex backend necessities, regardless of whether they are little or huge. The Introduction of Homestand (a prepacked, all in one vagrant box) becomes easier after installing Laravel.
- It’s a PHP framework brimming with features that helps to customize the complex applications. Such as, seamless data migration, MVC architecture support, security, routing, view template engine, authentication, etc.
- Laravel is profoundly expressive, and its speed and security are in accordance with expectations for an advanced web application. Therefore, for developers who need to build B2B or enterprise sites that will advance with changing web trends, Laravel is the best approach to follow.
Companies use the Laravel Framework for Web Development
- Wattpad and 3000+ companies
Why explore Laravel Framework Alternatives for Web Development?
- No built-in support in Django or RoR framework.
- Easy to start, difficult to master.
- General open-source LTS issues, i.e., incompatibility and migration issues of newer versions with older ones.
CodeIgniter is a basic yet incredible PHP Framework. Regardless of its size, It is exceptionally suitable for the development of dynamic sites. It also offers numerous pre-built modules that assist in the development of strong and reusable parts. That is why it is one of the most popular PHP frameworks for web development.
Furthermore, CodeIgniter incorporates some astonishing features, for example, basic encryption steps, security, easy error handling, negligible PHP acquiring struggle, and so on. This PHP framework is very well documented, and it’s anything but an astounding choice for beginners.
Reasons to Use CodeIgniter
- It is a lightweight and simple PHP framework. In addition to that, it is easy to install, in contrast to other frameworks. Because of a simple arrangement process and profoundly illustrated documentation.
- Key highlights incorporate a MVC structure, inbuilt security tools, top quality error handling, and simple and great documentation. Furthermore, it makes scalable applications.
- As compared to other frameworks, CodeIgniter is extensively fast. Since it likewise offers strong performance, it’s a good decision when you need to develop lightweight applications to run on modest servers.
Companies use CodeIgniter Framework for Web Development
- Sprout Social
- Amplify, and 1700+ others
Why explore CodeIgniter Framework Alternatives for Web Development?
- No engine templating.
- No official stand on LTS versions.
- There is no in-built authorization, authentication features.
- Developers need to write each of their modules from scratch, while other popular PHP frameworks like Laravel for web development, have a rich set of in-built ready-to-use modules.
One of the most popular PHP frameworks, Symfony was introduced in 2005. In spite of the fact that it’s been in existence for longer than other frameworks on this list, it’s a mature and reliable platform. Symfony is a broad PHP MVC framework and the sole framework known to maintain PHP and web standards to the end.
Reasons to use Symfony
- Symfony is the ideal decision for developing large-scale projects. It’s easy to install and configure on almost every platform.
- It’s reusable PHP components. It additionally flaunts database engine freedom, and it’s steady, compiles to most web best practices and patterns of design, and considers integration with other vendor libraries.
- Symfony is profoundly flexible and can integrate with big projects like Drupal. Symfony and Laravel have numerous unique and common features, which makes it hard to say which of these frameworks is better.
Companies use Symfony Framework for Web Development
Why explore Symfony Framework Alternatives for Web Development?
- For simple projects, Laravel would be a better choice.
- Laravel performs better than the Symfony framework.
Yii 2, works on the “Don’t Repeat Yourself” (DRY) idea. It is an object oriented framework and is the replacement of one of the oldest PHP frameworks, Yii. Yii 2 is a good alternative for large-scale website development. It can effortlessly integrate with jQuery and AJAX features. Thus, makes it one of the most popular frameworks for web development.
Besides, it’s anything but an incredibly powerful class code generator known as Gii. The functionality of Yii is to ease the process of object-oriented programming and quick prototyping, which gives a web-based interface, assisting the software engineer in producing the ideal code interactively.
Reasons to use Yii 2
- It has phenomenal speed and performance. In addition, it’s exceptionally extensible, and it allows developers to avoid the complexity of composing SQL statements, as they can demonstrate the database data in the form of an object.
- Yii has a simple installation process. Moreover, its robust security features make the framework appropriate for profoundly secure ventures. For example, e-commerce portals, CMS, forums, etc.
- This PHP framework has a core developer team and specialists that add to its development. With a monstrous community using it, you can post issues on Yii forums and find support.
- Yii is amazingly extensible, and you can customize practically every piece of the core code.
Companies use Yii Framework for Web Development
Why explore Yii Framework Alternatives for Web Development?
- Strong object-oriented programming.
- If performance is a priority, then other better alternatives are also there.
In case you’re searching for a toolbox that is simple and exquisite, look no further. CakePHP will assist you with developing visually appealing, feature-loaded websites. Furthermore, CakePHP is probably the simplest and among the most popular PHP frameworks to learn, especially due to its CRUD (create, read, update, and delete) operations. CakePHP came into the market in the early 2000’s, and since then it acquired better performance and numerous new segments.
Reasons to use CakePHP
- CakePHP is simple and has easy installation, as you just need a web server and a framework copy.
- It is a decent choice for commercial applications because of safety features that include SQL injection avoidance, data validation, cross-site request forgery (CSRF) security, and cross-site scripting (XSS) protection.
- Some key features incorporate a cutting edge framework, quick builds, appropriate class inheritance, security, and validation. In addition to that, CakePHP gives extraordinary documentation, many support portals, and premium support through Cake Development Corporation.
Companies use CakePHP Framework for Web Development
- House Party
Why explore CakePHP Framework Alternatives for Web Development?
- Abrupt migrations.
- If you’re developing a performance-critical app. So, CakePHP’s performance is pretty good, but if its performance is compared with websites that have ranked other frameworks to be better performing, then you must consider their preference.
Lumen, Slim, Laminas Project, Phalcon, PHPixie, FuelPHP, Ubiquity, Symlex are some other rising and popular PHP frameworks for web development. In case you’re developing a new web application, then we think you should be educated that multiple intuitive web development frameworks have been introduced in the market over the years. AngularJS, ReactJS (not a framework but rather a library), and Django are making a strong sensation in the web community.
However, the significance of a specific framework relies upon the community support, updates, features, and components they offer. Thus, it is intelligent to stay aware of the latest trends. In this manner, start by understanding the prerequisites of the project or application you like to develop. Then, at that point, pick the most appropriate PHP framework from this list and you won’t go wrong.
As a matter of fact, there are many agencies out there that claim to be experts in these popular PHP frameworks for web development, but not all are. Therefore, to get the genuine expert agency, Supersourcing is a right platform for you to find the one. Here, you can check out the list of top PHP web development companies that are experts in working on these most popular PHP frameworks for web development and deliver quality business solutions.